Monday, November 21, 2005

Ajax Puzzle, Firefox Extensions

Everyone seems to be talking about Ajax these days. By chance I was recently forced to learn Javascript, so I threw together a page that may count as using Ajax.

My page is a number crossword I encountered years ago. It might be too simple to be considered Ajax, but it is similar to the puzzles at Number-Logic.com, which do use Ajax. Anyway, dropping the word "Ajax" should get me a few extra hits at least!

I only checked the page in Firefox. It may look weird in other browsers. Speaking of Firefox, I like this list: Best Firefox Extensions

And speaking of my favourite number puzzles, I'm fond of the "Alice bit the white rabbit" cryptarithm:

A L I C E +
B I T
T H E
W H I T E
R A B B I T

I haven't been able to track down the source of this gem.

I renamed this page from "Insert Blog Name Here" to the backronym BL:OG. The "Openly Geeky" phrase was supposed to be a play on the words "openly gay", but they have more in common than I first thought: declaring yourself as either one discourages the opposite sex from pursuing you!

No comments: